Saturday, May 19, 2012

Calvin's First Race

Calvin participated in his first 1 mile race this morning.  In anticipation of the big day, we did some training (running from the kitchen to the living room and back again), picked out the perfect race day shirt, and had a lot of discussions about getting good rest and eating healthy food for energy.  Calvin thought he was perfectly prepared for this 1 mile run ... until he realized how far 1 mile actually is.  I tried to coach my little guy to take the run slow and easy, but all he heard was "run as fast as you can."  Calvin made it about 2 blocks running at full speed before he petered out and needed a piggy-back ride.  I'm happy to say that he pulled himself together at the end of the run and sprinted through the finish line.  I think we finished second to last, but in Calvin's mind we were first as he keeps telling me how he beat all the other kids.  Hopefully this is the first of many mom-son runs!





No comments:

Post a Comment