It's hard to believe that Calvin is already old enough that we need to begin the process of getting ready for school. In my eyes, he's still just a little boy and, truth be told, I'm not quite ready for him to be school age. Maybe I'll never be ready... Naturally, I put off scheduling the screening appointment for months and months, but finally I couldn't deny the inevitable any longer and set the date.
When I picked him up to head over to the appointment, he yelled with excitement, "Goodbye! I'm going to school now!" to his daycare buddies. As much as I want him to stay little, he clearly is ready to move forward and be a big boy.
Of course, my fears of Calvin not doing well on the test were irrational as he scored well above the minimum. He did well with building shapes out of blocks, completing sentences and identifying matching objects. As I expected, he had some difficulty with drawing shapes. All-in-all, the test showed that Calvin is ready to head off to school ... when his Mama is ready, of course.
After the appointment, Calvin and I spent some quality time together getting a haircut, shopping at Target, and eating lunch at Chipotle. I'm so blessed to have a happy, healthy and intelligent little boy.


No comments:
Post a Comment