Monday, February 18, 2013

Four and a half

An update on Calvin -


I wish time would just stand still for a little while.  The days, months and years are passing too fast ... and now you're already 4 and a half.  You like to remind me about "the half" when I tell people you are four.

We attended kindergarten registration a couple weeks ago.  It was exciting and frightening at the same time.  Are you ready to go to school?  I am ready to let you go to school?  I tell myself that you're too little and need more time to play.  It feels like such a big decision and I'm already worrying about doing the right thing for you.

We've continued to attend swimming lessons through the winter.  We just found out that you passed the Eel class, and will move on to being a Ray with your next lesson.  It is so much fun to watch you put your "scoops" and "kicks" together and swim all on your own.  I could watch you for hours ... the joy on your face is priceless.

Based on how much you are eating and sleeping right now, I'd say your little body is working hard to grow.  Your appetite is insatiable.  And we've been treated with you sleeping in until 7 or 8 a.m. ... which has never happened in four years!  We're noticing that your pants are creeping up to your ankles, and I'm hoping we can make it to spring before buying bigger clothes.  I guess this is just one more sign that you are, indeed, growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment