Friday, August 3, 2012

22 Months

Kadence,

I can hardly keep up with you at 22 months old!  Every day I hear a new word, see a new skill, and feel that 2 years old is just around the corner.  This month has brought some very exciting changes for you!

- You started crawling out of your crib a few weeks ago, which forced us to convert your crib to a bed. After just a few night of crying when Mama tucked you in and left the room, you now (mostly) go to sleep without a fuss.  If only you'd sleep later than 5:30am though...

- I wonder if your 2 year molars are starting to cause problems.  You chew on everything and favor crunchy, cold foods.

- You love to sing ... especially in the car.  I think you're trying to sing the "abc's" and "itsy bitsy spider."

- The new swingset keeps you very busy every evening.  You love the swings (especially swinging on your tummy), and can climb the rock wall all by yourself!

- You play favorites when it comes to who can help you go potty, get dressed, etc.  Apparently, Daddy is best at getting you dressed and Amy is best at helping you go potty.

- Speaking of potty, you are about 95% trained!  You wear underwear every day (you call then "unders" and only need diapers for sleep.  Mama is enjoying a break from laundering cloth diapers 3 times a week!

- You have quite a sense of humor, and seem to crack yourself up quite often.

- I'm not sure what's going on with your hair -- it's very blonde and wispy!  I am happy to report that you're finally consenting to Mama pulling back your long locks with a barrette and pony tail.

- You've finally added Calvin's name to your vocabulary.  It's been a tough word for you to master!

- You are quite the mommy to your babies, "horsey", and "woof."  You tuck all your pals into bed at night and insist that Mama gives everyone kisses (with you being last).

I think you're the most precious thing in the world.  Happy 22 months, my dear!


No comments:

Post a Comment